Self Check Menopause FSH Self Test - Incl 2 Tests
A simple home test that indicates the level of Follicle-stimulating Hormone (FSH).
Why test for post menopause?
- women reach menopause at an average age of 50. However, variations occur and women can reach menopause as early as 39, or as late as 69 years of age.
- this test allows the user to reliably identify whether they have gone through the menopausal transition or not.
When should the test be carried out?
- for best results, the test should be carried out first thing in the morning.
Who is the test for?
- women who think they may have reached the stage of menopause, or post menopause.
What is menopause?
- the last menstrual period. Periods stop because the low levels of oestrogen and progesterone do not stimulate the endometrium (lining of the womb) in the normal cycle.
- hormone levels can fluctuate for several years before eventually becoming so low that the endometrium stays thin and does not bleed.
- symptoms include hot flushes, vaginal itching and dryness, sweating, insomnia, depression, heart problems, low libido, dry eyes, painful joints and slow digestion.
What is the best action if the result is positive?
- user should consult their doctor who can confirm the stage of menopause and advise on how best to manage individual symptoms.
How are the test components disposed of?
- after use, all of the test components can be disposed of in general household waste.