Medigoo Risk of Diabetes Type 2 DNA Test
- The test gives you information about your genetic risk of Diabetes type 2. If you have a risk variant you can adjust life habits to reduce the Diabetes type 2 risk.
- The test is designed to give you information about your genetic risk of getting type 2 diabetes. The tested genetic risk factor may increase your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. When you know your genetic risk for the disease, you can adjust your everyday habits to reduce the risk. In addition to genetic inheritance, also exercise, diet, and other factors affect development of the disease.
- The test determines one genetic variant in IRS-1 gene that has been linked to type 2 diabetes risk. If you have a risk variant, it leads to insufficient function of the IRS-1 gene, which in turn may increase the risk for type 2 diabetes.
- The results include information about the tested genetic variants, description of the disease risk, and recommendations how you can use the results in your everyday life.
- The package includes buccal swabs, which will be sent to our laboratory in a postage paid envelope.